Dr Mrs Adesua A. AtandaChief Operating Officer
Areas of expertise
- Master Coach
- Psychometric Testing
- Development/Assessment Centre
- Management Test Assessors
- Learning & Development Practice
- Human Resource Management Expert
- Advanced Negotiation Skills
- Mediation Specialists
- Leadership & Emotional Intelligence
- Ph.D. Industrial Relations, University of Lagos
- MSc Industrial Relations, University of Lagos
- BSc Industrial Relations, University of Lagos
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Training and Development (NITAD)
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (UK)
A proven HR and Competency Development expert, Adesua Abimbola Atanda holds a Ph.D in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from the University of Lagos. She has 37 years of cumulative experience, 34 years cognitive experience, 17 years of which was in Oil and Gas Human Resources Management.
Dr. Adesua Abimbola Atanda started her career with Bagudu Group of Companies in 1982 as an Administrative Officer. She was a Credit Executive Officer at Financial Assurance Plc between 1985 – 1986, after which she assumed the role of a Graduate Assistant in the Department of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management (University of Lagos) between 1987 – 1990. She was the Human Resource Manager of Eco-Consult Nigeria Limited between 1991 – 1996 before joining Nigeria LNG in 1996 as Head, Policy and Industrial Relations. In 2002, she became the first female Personnel Manager of the company.
Dr. Adesua Abimbola Atanda has led key organizational initiatives in the areas of e-Learning, Coaching, Subject Matter Experts Utilization, Leadership Academy, Distance Learning, Retirement Training and Talent Management. In this capacity she has undertaken Talent Review and Assessments of skill pool in Nigeria, technical and operational trainees in various colleges (overseas) as well as ensuring alignment of training delivery to expected competency requirements. She has facilitated training in Talent Management, processes and systems for several training institutions.
An astute professional, Dr. Adesua Abimbola Atanda is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) and has served as the Chairperson for the Institute’s Learning and Development Committee for 5 Years. She is a Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Training and Development (NITAD) and a member of its Strategic Committee. Dr. Adesua Abimbola Atanda is also a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (UK).
In August 2013, she became the Chief Operating Officer of SYOJ Consulting & Management Services Limited.